Maryborough - 22nd September, 2018

Birds were liberated at 5:45am

Lib Temp: 13.3 Wind Direction: south Speed: 11km
Basketing Wednesday as planned

Race Updates

Friday 21st September 2018 6:14AM
Truck arrived at Maryborough at 16:00 Friday, feed and water on all birds reported to be eating and drinking. Bird numbers - Maryborough, 24 Flyers, 16 baskets, 137 birds. Gympie, 26 Flyers, 22 baskets, 181 birds and 4 surplus. Included in the 181, 73 birds and 13 Flyers are competing in the Gold Band Ring Races. The Liberation Committee has reviewed the the latest forecast and current conditions, and have agreed due to a rain front developing in the south and forecast to reach the Hunter on Sunday afternoon and with rain forecast for Monday and Tuesday covering the majority of NSW coast and ranges, including South East QLD. The Committee reviewed the current conditions and forecast for Friday an agreed that both races will be liberated on Saturday. The forecast for along the line of flight and down the coast, for Saturday and Sunday are for light winds, which are considered more favorable in achieving successful racing. Current conditions at Maryborough are, winds Southerly at 22km gusting to 30km, temp.14.5. The current plan is to liberate Maryborough EAP, travel to Gympie (estimated 1 hrs drive) and liberate once the truck is setup and the birds are settled. Estimated liberation time for Gympie is 8:00 Saturday.

Weather Report

Saturday Forecasts - Maryborough - Partly cloudy. Light winds. - Gympie - Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower. Light winds. - QLD.Southeast Coast area - Partly cloudy. Slight (20%) chance of a shower along the coastal fringe, near zero chance elsewhere. Light winds. Overnight temperatures falling to between 9 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s. - Gold Coast area - Partly cloudy. Light winds. NSW - Northern Rivers area - Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 7 and 11 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s. - Coffs Harbor - Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the afternoon. - Port Macquarie - Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming north to northeasterly 20 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. - Mid North Coast area - Partly cloudy. Areas of morning frost about higher ground. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 2 and 8 with daytime temperatures reaching between 19 and 24. - Hunter area Partly cloudy. Light winds becoming west to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to between 4 and 7 with daytime temperatures reaching the low to mid 20s. - Newcastle area - Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming northwest to northeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then tending westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

Liberation Report

Birds Liberated, conditions at that time were wind south at 11 km, Temp. 13.3. Birds left to the south out of sight in 1 minute. Good luck.

Gympie - 22nd September, 2018

Birds were liberated at 7:30am

Lib Temp: 12.1 Wind Direction: calm
Basketing Wednesday as planned. The liberation has been moved to Saturday due to unfavorable conditions being forecast for Sunday afternoon and Monday. Estimated liberation time is 08:00.

Weather Report

Sunday Forecasts - Gympie - Mostly sunny. Light winds - QLD.Southeast Coast area - Sunny. Light winds becoming northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day.- Gold Coast area - Sunny. Light winds becoming northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h during the day. - NSW - Northern Rivers area - Sunny. Light winds. - Coffs Harbor - Sunny day. Medium (40%) chance of showers later in the day. Light winds. - Port Macquarie - Mostly sunny day. Medium (60%) chance of showers later in the day. Light winds. - Newcastle area - Mostly sunny morning. High (70%) chance of showers later in the day. Light winds becoming south to southeasterly 25 to 35 km/h during the day.

Liberation Report

Birds cleared to the SW in 1 mob, they were out of site in 1 minute. Good Luck

Latest Update from ANRPB

September 2018 Press Release.pdf

Magnetometer Predictions 11.9.18 to 7.10.pdf

 

East Coast Classic results and info for 2019 race.pdf

 

Breeders Plate Sale Dates 2018 -19.pdf

 

Magnetometer 14th August 2018 to 9th September 2018.pdf

 

 

Update from Colin Walkers Site: 6th August 21018

 

 

http://www.melbournebirdvet.com/pigeon-virus-update.aspx

 

 

ANRPB press release June 2018

 

 

http://filebase.pigeonrace.net/scf/2018/June%202018%20Press%20Release.pdf 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NCF Mid Distance Series
1 M & R.Clement 175
2 C.& J Newton 168
3 A. Maas 160
4 W.Scherbak 145
5 T&L.Davis 143
6 J. Banfield 137
6 M&D.Watt 137
8 MV&S.Jones/Fox/Cadogan 134
9 I. Richens 120
10 S. Rippon 119
More
NCF Long Distance Series
1 C.& J Newton 57
2 M&D.Watt 56
3 W.Scherbak 54
4 C. Ralston 52
5 J. Banfield 29
6 M & R.Clement 28
6 M& V. Watters 28
8 P.Edman 25
9 K.Alley 23
10 T&L.Davis 22
More
NCF 5 Bird Championship
1 M & R.Clement 156
2 T&L.Davis 129
3 Brandobur & Condran 118
4 S. Rippon 114
5 W.Scherbak 108
6 M. Wilson 94
7 M& V. Watters 87
8 A. Limeburner 84
9 D.Bice 30
10 A & F. Wilmott 28
More
NCF 5 Bird Sprint Series
1 M & R.Clement 98
2 A. Limeburner 84
3 S. Rippon 81
4 Brandobur & Condran 79
5 T&L.Davis 77
6 M. Wilson 64
7 W.Scherbak 56
8 M& V. Watters 42
9 D.Bice 27
10 A & F. Wilmott 24
More
NCF 5 Bird Mid Distance Series
1 M & R.Clement 48
2 T&L.Davis 43
3 Brandobur & Condran 39
4 M& V. Watters 36
5 W.Scherbak 34
6 S. Rippon 33
7 M. Wilson 30
8 J.Mcilroy 6
9 A & F. Wilmott 4
10 D.Bice 3
More
NCF 5 Bird Long Distance Series
1 W.Scherbak 18
2 M & R.Clement 10
3 M& V. Watters 9
3 T&L.Davis 9
More